This is going to be a short blog. I was sharing my website link and looked here and realized I had not written anything in nine months! It has been a busy and exciting year for me, working for myself makes it difficult to plan my hours the way I would if I was working for someone else, but it is good because of school. After getting straight A’s during my MBA program, I realized that PhD programs are a whole other ballgame! But, I love it! It is just time-consuming and sometimes a bit stressful when the workload is heavy at the same time I have a big account to take care of. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines……
Speaking of deadlines, I have a lot of work to get back to. I just wanted to stop in and let my readers know that I am still alive and that I did not forget about you. Of course, if you need me for anything, you can always send me an email here or a message on one of my social media pages. Just some of my thoughts..............
PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW:
Valentine's Day is just days away, have already gotten your sweetheart a gift yet? Many people wait until the last minute and run to Walmart to pick through what they have left. Broken chocolate hearts, dirty stuffed animals already played with by half the city's kids, and the ugliest flowers you have ever seen. Wait! What about taking her/him out to dinner or a show? That is nice, but maybe this year you could do something different. I did some research and found the top ten "original" ideas for Valentine's Day gifts:
How was your year? It seems that there was a lot of tragic events this year. Let me just give you some facts. Scary as they may be, they are true. I did the research. Here are some of the things that happened in 2015:
We know that Christmas marketing started months ago, and you have been bombarded by ads for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Gifts you didn’t even know you wanted are popping up on your phone or Facebook page and enticing you to “click here” for the best deals. Just the other day I was trying to work (online of course) and I kept getting pop-ups for sales on boots because I recently bought a pair. I do not block the pop-ups because it sometimes stops important things from coming through. So I keep ignoring the ads, but they keep coming. And then I see these amazing boots for only $6.99! I figure it’s a gimmick just to get me to click on it, but I do it anyway just to see what the catch is. Funny thing is, there is no gimmick. They really are $6.99! Of course I bought a pair. Now I have two pairs of boots, and they are both awesome. Sometimes pop-ups are good.
Are you ready for the holidays? Well, they are here so you better get ready! The stores have been pushing sales on us since Halloween and “Black Friday” is now on Thanksgiving so you only have TWO DAYS left to prepare! Have you finished your holiday shopping? Have you even STARTED your shopping?!?! There are Christmas trees everywhere and RED and GREEN everything! Did you read those colors correctly? Look again. The word “red” is actually green and the word “green” is red. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention. I guess you are!
What do you think of when you think of Thanksgiving? Most people think about what they are going to serve for Thanksgiving dinner, how big a turkey they will need, which relatives they have to invite, etc. But, what about the “Thanks” part of Thanksgiving? Does anyone even do that anymore? Now it seems like everyone is just thinking about shopping. The “Black Friday” sales have turned into Thursday sales and people save up money all year to buy a huge TV or game system. Then on Thanksgiving day they hit the stores instead of spending time with family.
I did the top 9 worst costumes a couple days ago so I figured I should do the 7 best costumes since Halloween is 7 days away. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Christmas is okay, but with 18 grandchildren it is getting pretty expensive. And Halloween means free candy! Who doesn't like free candy? Okay, here are the 7 best Halloween Costumes chosen by me and by Google. You may not think these are the best, so tell me about it in the comments below.
Halloween is 9 days away so I decided to choose 9 of the WORST Halloween costumes I could find on the internet. Some are gross, or offensive, sick, or just plain stupid. You be the judge. What do YOU think the worst Halloween costume is?
There are so many tools for Social Media Marketing that it’s hard to figure out which to use and which to avoid. Which ones are really FREE and which ones just want to lure us in by saying they are free - but then ask for a credit card number after you spend 15 minutes creating your new account? I hate that, don’t you? Anyway, I found some FREE social media tools that I want to share with you. A few have been around for a while and you may already know about them but there are a couple of new ones too. And they are FREE. I signed up for every one of them just to make sure.
1. Canva is the most awesome design tool I have ever used! It is completely FREE. They have templates for everything you would need (Facebook cover page, social media post, etc.) and there are so many combinations of colors, backgrounds, images, text, EVERYTHING. I am not a designer, that’s for sure, but I have made all kinds of awesome things. I made this a few days ago:
2. Hootsuite is a social media management tool that is completely FREE. I have used it for over a year to schedule my weekly content on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Instagram and I have never been charged a penny. You can schedule your posts for monthly, weekly, or daily. Just write in the content, attach a picture, video, link to an article or website, and schedule it out for any day - any time or send it out right then. There are a bunch of other perks to Hootsuite but I honestly have not tried any so I will let you figure those out for yourself.
3. Scoop.it is a super-fast and free way to find content about ANYTHING you want. I have been using this for over a year to find content for social media posts that I schedule on Hootsuite. All of it is FREE. Just enter a topic into the search bar and in less than one minute you will have 100 of the most recent articles, blogs, videos, and images about that topic. Amazing!
4. Flipboard is similar to Scoop.it, but it actually lets you choose as many topics as you want and it will gather all the newest articles on those topics. For example, one of my topics is Web Presence and when I click on that topic box I get articles such as “How to Prepare Now for CEO in 2016” from Inc. Magazine and “The most common small business mistakes that lead to failure in the digital age.”
5. Slideshare will instruct you how to make your own slide show for FREE about any topic you want and it will look professional. You can use it for school, business, or just for fun. Tell a story or make a training presentation. Whatever you need, it's easy and effective.
6. Powtoons helps you make a cartoon video even if you have no idea what you are doing (like me). It is absolutely FREE and you can make one from scratch or just customize one that is premade already.
7. Weebly is the amazing FREE website builder tool that you are reading this blog on. I made this website on Weebly a few months ago for FREE. It is easy, there are hundreds of templates, and you can add a store and a blog and whatever else you want in your website. And you do not have to know what you are doing. It is really easy, believe me! Because I had no clue what I was doing and I think it turned out pretty good. Of course, it is a work in progress as always because I continue to update it with new blogs, images, and information.
So, what are you waiting for? You have enough information here to find and post thousands of articles, create your own cartoons, design images, and slide show and then build a website to blog about it. And it is all FREE so get busy and get your brand out there. Just some of my thoughts.
Talk to Me: